Last updated: Feb 19, 2016 | 2896 Views | Blog Content
It is the worst feeling in the world being surrounded by people who constantly have negative thoughts and insecurities that, eventually, rub off on you.
We all have our own insecurities and paths in life. After all, happiness is not exactly a feeling that is constant, but isn't it worth striving for?
1. Find a reason to laugh. Yes it's the simplest thing in the world to do. All you need is a YouTube video or group text to cheer you up.
2. Trust that everything happens for a reason. It is cliche but true. We don't always know why things go the way they do, but life doesn't stop. If everything else around you doesn't stop, then neither should you.
3. Just because things don't work out, it doesn't mean you failed. You learn from both mistakes and hardships. It doesn't always work out perfectly, but the moment you give up on yourself is the moment you truly fail. There is usually a reason things don't work out; you just may need to change your tactic.
4. Take a step back and re-evaluate. Are you trying the same thing over and over again with the same result? Take the time to ask yourself what you want and figure out the ways you need to get there. Things do not happen magically because we want them to. It is during the times when we re-evaluate that we can reflect on the new.
5. Be patient. Yes, easier said than done. But it is about learning along the way to truly be ready for future outcomes.
6. Look at the positives. Don't be the person who always has a sad face and proclaims every negative. Look at the positives in every day to remember it is not all that bad.
7. Live in the moment. If we are always too busy thinking of the past, or worrying about the future, we miss out on the things going on around us. What's done is done and what will be, will be.
8. Roll with the punches. Have you ever stopped to think you are living in a certain moment to get to that one place you want to be in the end? If your mindset is always negative, you'll never be able to take control of what you want.
9. Stay focused. Remember what you want and be ready to work for it. Even if you feel like you are not moving, keep working towards your goal and you will get there.
10. Life is a journey. If life was a destination it would be boring. It's all about the ups and downs. Remember that hardships are always temporary and if you keep positive you will be in control of your destiny.
At the end of the day, there will inevitably be hardships we all face. Whether we are struggling with an upcoming assignment, not getting the internship or job, or someone has hurt us. Remember that these moments of hardship are temporary.
Be the positive person you would want to surround yourself with.
Credit: Kristina Magana in The List on Apr 20, 2015
Photo Credit: Pinterest